What is domestic abuse?
The Government definition of Domestic abuse is: Any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive or threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are or have been intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality. This can encompass, but is not limited to, the following types of abuse:
How can we help?
Valley House provides supported accommodation for survivors of domestic abuse aged from 16 years. We offer a range of safe, secure accommodation for single people, families and males fleeing abuse. A package of support around the domestic abuse is offered to all our service users, we also offer emotional and practical support. Referrals into the service are taken 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Referrals can be made by professionals (police, social care, etc) or by self-referral, either via phone, attending our office or completing a form available on our website.
Types of accommodation
- A range of self-contained, family and shared accommodation
- Separate accommodation for women and men
- Accommodation for families with older male children
- Accessible accommodation for people with disabilities
- Specialist support for BAME, LGBT, older people and people with care and support needs and other underrepresented groups.
Support we offer
- Signposting and advocacy
- Culturally specific support
- Risk assessment and safety planning
- 1 to1 case work and structured group work
- Family support work for families accessing our accommodation
- Court support for service users involved in criminal justice and civil proceedings
- On-site Nursery
- Social activities
- Counselling Service
- Peer support groups
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Service user involvement and volunteering opportunities
- Low level follow-on (aftercare) support to reduce isolation, increase confidence and skills
To make a referral or find out more information on domestic abuse please contact our team on:
Referral Line : 0800 328 9084 (24/7)
Email : email@example.com