A safe home and ongoing support from trusted people is important for any young parents. If you don’t have secure accommodation or family support, Valley House can help.
We work with vulnerable young parents aged 16 to 24, supporting them to live in a safe environment and providing personalised support.
Our friendly and professional team has a proven track record in supporting Young Parents who have little or no family support. We aim to support you to develop skills and strengths so that you are able to deal with any issues you have. We want to help you gain confidence and life skills.
Your allocated support worker will get to know you and will work with you to help you achieve your goals. The starting point will be to listen to what you want and then develop a plan together.
What we offer
Our services aim to provide you with opportunities where you can respond confidently to life’s challenges.
We want to help you to:
- Ensure you are able to gain and maintain secure and appropriate accommodation
- Increase your self-reliance, self-resilience, time and money management
- Provide you with knowledge about how to be supported and to stay safe and aware
- Improve your mental, emotional and physical health
- Create healthy social networks and relationships
By supporting you with:
- Having a tenancy, being a tenant and maintaining a tenancy
- Money management, including benefits, paying bills and debt
- Safety (healthy relationships and safety planning)
- Accessing training, education, employment
- Confidence and assertiveness
- Setting life goals.
If you are pregnant or a new parent then Valley House can provide you with support following an assessment of your needs. For those who are offered accommodation, we have a range of fully furnished, shared and single family accommodation. During your stay you will have access to a support worker 24/7. If you are in our accommodation we will support you to move to your own tenancy when you are ready. This is usually within a year. The Floating Support Service is aimed at young parents who may still be living with their family but want their own home, or already have a tenancy but are struggling to manage.
How to make a referral
For information on how to make a referral, give us a call 024 7663 7260 or Freephone 0808 178 2083.
Check out our social media to see what we've been up to
Twitter : https://twitter.com/ValleyHouseCov
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/valleyhousecov/