Exit this website safely!

Specialist accommodation >

Services we provide

People experiencing Domestic Abuse

We offer safe, fully-furnished homes for individuals  and their children escaping domestic abuse. For single people, we offer fully-furnished shared and single accommodation. We have separate accommodation for men who are escaping domestic abuse.

Our staff are on call for emergency referrals 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Moving on with your life

Once you are safely housed, we start working on all the other essentials that will help you take control of your life. This includes practicalities such as registering at the doctors, claiming benefits and getting legal advice.

Our expert team can also advise you about things like staying safe when out and about, finding the right emotional support for you, and getting into education or work.

Our multi-lingual and confidential staff have experience of offering support to women affected by forced marriage, honour-based violence and female genital mutilation.

When you first come to Valley House you will be assigned a support worker who will be there for you – and your family if you have one – every step of the way.

If you are affected by domestic violence and would like to find out more, or if you want help with making a referral, please contact Valley House on 024 7626 6280 or 024 7626 6290.

Young parents

If you are pregnant or a new parent, a safe home and ongoing support from trusted people is important for you and your baby. If you don’t have secure accommodation or family support, Valley House can help.

We work with vulnerable young parents aged 16 to 24, supporting them to live in a safe environment and providing personalised support.

Our friendly and professional team has a proven track record in supporting Young Parents who have little or no family support. We aim to support you to develop skills and strengths so that you are able to deal with any issues you have. We want to help you gain confidence and life skills.

Your allocated support worker will get to know you and will work with you to help you achieve your goals. The starting point will be to listen to what you want and then develop a plan together.

What we offer

Our services aim to provide you with opportunities where you can respond confidently to life’s challenges.

We want to help you to:

  • Ensure you are able to gain and maintain secure and appropriate accommodation
  • Increase your self-reliance, self-resilience, time and money management
  • Provide you with knowledge about how to be supported and to stay safe and aware
  • Improve your mental, emotional and physical health
  • Create healthy social networks and relationships

By supporting you with:

  • Parenting
  • Having a tenancy, being a tenant and maintaining a tenancy
  • Money management, including benefits, paying bills and debt
  • Safety (healthy relationships and safety planning)
  • Accessing training, education, employment
  • Confidence and assertiveness
  • Setting life goals.

We offer Young Parents either a Supported Accommodation service or a Community based Support Service.

If you are pregnant or a new parent then Valley House can provide you with support following an assessment of your needs. For those who are offered accommodation, we have a range of fully furnished, shared and single family accommodation. During your stay you will have access to a support worker 24/7. If you are in our accommodation we will support you to move to your own tenancy when you are ready. This is usually within a year. The Floating Support Service is aimed at young parents who may still be living with their family but want their own home, or already have a tenancy but are struggling to manage.

How to make a referral

For information on how to make a referral, give us a call  024 7663 7260 or Freephone 0808 178 2083.