Are you homeless?
Have you been threatened with eviction?
Are you struggling to keep your home?
We provide free, flexible, practical
and emotional support tailored to individuals needs.
This service is for anyone over 16 living in the Coventry Area
Who is Rooted for?
- Over 16 years of age
- Based in Coventry
- Needing more confidence
- Vulnerably Housed including:
- Homeless/Risk of homelessness
- Sofa surfing/Staying with friends
- Staying in temporary accommodation
- Unsafe accommodation
- Mortgage/Rent arrears
- Problems with private landlords
- Financial difficulties/Low income
- Tenancy issues/Housing associations
Interested in a service? Would like an informal chat. Contact us to discuss options available to you on:
Tel: 02476 252 615
More about Rooted...
- Are a partnership project delivered by Citizens Advice Coventry and Valley House’s support service.
- Provide tailored, expert, practical and therapeutic emotional support to people experiencing homelessness or who are vulnerably housed.
- Are a FREE and confidential service.
- Have experienced, qualified workers avilable who can offer individuals eligible for a service the opportunity to recieve independent:
- Practical advice on a wide range of housing issues.
- Therapeutic, emotional support to people struggling with low level mental health concerns.
- Can provide support flexivbly either on-site, in the community and/or at home.
- Citizens Advice Coventry and Valley House are established, reputable organisations based in Coventry City Centre and Bell Green areas.
Rooted respects service user confidentiality however it works within best practice guidelines particularly in respect of safeguarding and/or harm to self and others.
Some of the problems we commonly work with include:
- Debt/money management
- Homelessness/Temporary accommodation
- Making you home safe
- Maximising benefits
- Housing needs
- Low income/Financial difficulties
- Employment and Educational needs
- Information on mental health concerns
- Anxiety/Lack of confidence
- Assistance attending meetings
- Social phobia’s
- Isolation/social exclusion
- Bereavement/ loss
- Life stresses
- Detachment and loneliness
- Coping with change
- Parenting or relationship difficulties
If you decide you want to go ahead
We will ask you to meet with a member of the Rooted team. They will take relevant details from you to enable us to match you to an appropriate support worker to work with you on your concerns. Appointments and sessions thereafter can take place in your home and/or in the community, as appropriate.
Meeting your worker
At the first meeting, your Rooted worker will carryout a full assessment in partnership with you. This will be an opportunity for you to agree on the areas of concerns you would like Rooted to help and/or support with.
The number of sessions is not limited and meet-ings and/or telephone support can be requested weekly or fortnightly. You and your worker will decide on how many are appropriate and how frequently they should take place.
If you decide you want to go ahead
To get the changes you want, your support worker will work with you to develop a flexible support plan to meet your individual needs. This could include practical and/or emotional support. Short and long term goals you would like to work on will be agreed and reviewed regularly.
If you would like to know more about Rooted or would like to make a referral please contact us on:
02476 252 615